10 most dangerous components – read the label!
Stop psevdonaturalnoy settle for cosmetics. Start reading labels – and you really learn to recognize organic products among others. These are substances that, according to Aubrey Hampton, founder of Aubrey Organics, are not desirable in the composition of cosmetics.
1. Methyl, propyl, butyl, and ethyl paraben (METHYL, PROPYL, BUTYL AND ETHYL PARABENS) are often used in the media daily care as stabilizers, preservatives, inhibit the growth of microorganisms. Absorbed by the skin and have a weak estrogenic activity, which is dangerous for women who are estrogen is contraindicated ( for breast cancer ), as well as during pregnancy (causes of reproductive function of the fetus ).
2. Diethanolamine (DEA, DEA), triethanolamine (TEA, TEA) – foaming agents include amines (having a composition of ammonia). Have toxic effects with prolonged use. Can cause allergic reactions, eye irritation, dry skin and hair.
3. PROPYLENE (PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PPG), polyethylene glycol ( PEG, PEG) – recycling petrochemical products mixture is used as an ingredient a hygroscopic. Can cause hives and eczema.
4. Sodium lauryl / laureth sulfate (SODIUM LAURUULAURETH SULFATE) – cheap and harmful detergent used in shampoos because of its cleansing and foaming properties. Product of oil refining, often masked behind the phrase ” derived from coconuts.” Causes eye irritation, flaking of the scalp, similar to dandruff, skin rashes and other allergic reactions.
5. Vaseline (PETROLATUM) – derived from the mineral oil used as an emollient, massively used because of the incredible cheapness. Violates the natural processes of moisture and causes exactly the state that seeks to eliminate : dry skin, the appearance of cracks.
6. Stearalkonium chloride (STEARALKONIUM CHLORIDE) originally designed for laundry rinses later found use in hair conditioners and creams because of its cheapness compared with plant extracts. Toxic, causes allergic reactions.
7. IAZOLIDINIL – UREA, imidazo – Ledeen – UREA (DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA) are used as preservatives release formaldehyde, toxic effects. Can cause contact dermatitis. Also known under the tradenames : Germol Germol II and 115 (Germall II, Germall 115).
8. Vinylpyrrolidone VINITI LATSETATA (PVP / VA COPOLYMER) – petroleum derivatives are often used in hair styling. Have toxic effects on the lungs if inhaled particles.
9. SYNTHETIC DYES – increase the attractiveness of cosmetics. Labeled as FD & C or D & C, followed by color and number. For example, FD & C Red № 6 ( red). Many synthetic dyes are carcinogenic. Better to exclude the use of regardless of cost.
10. Synthetic flavors are denoted simply as the ” flavor”, but contain chemical components 200 which can cause headache, dizziness, rash, hyperpigmentation, cough, vomiting, irritation of the skin.